Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My CD player doesn't work - By Him

I remember being excited to hear that doctor girl was coming to that breakfast.

I was attracted and curious and had been snooping around the grapevine for information on her.

My sources told me that she was single but unavailable. And there was a strangely neutral breakup with the ex about a year ago.

I turned up late due to a mix up of directions (i'm so not a morning person btw)
and the morning fog in my head.

As she has mentioned, our friends left earlier for another appointment.

I remember asking if she wanted to go for a walk.

I don't remember the details but I do clearly recall the ensuing conversation was terrible, like an interview of sorts.

Then midway through she ended the conversation and went off taking photos.

I remember watching her get lost in her photography, a mix of irritation and captivation.

I also remembered a promise I had made, to fix her dead car stereo for her.

~

We swapped cars and she went home to sleep.

I pulled the purple monster (as her car is known) apart and fixed lots of things.

I went back the the shop 3 times to get more parts to fix more things in the car...

Hours later the work was done.

I remember her driving off to work without much of a thank you... in fact I think I felt bad for disrupting her day...

erg...

~

Days later, she thanked him on an online conversation.

He bravely asked for a small favor in return.

He's so sure she was thinking he'd ask her out.

I'm sure she was surprised that he asked her for one of her photos.

I think that was a key moment for him :)

To infinity and beyond

No comments: