Saturday, August 15, 2009

The road to the road - by him

The lead up to the great ocean road trip was not so smooth for him.

He remembers the few days before the trip began, events rushed by swiftly in life.

He said goodbye to his work place, packed his last boxes and watched moving men take them away, he gave his tiny pet birds away to the pet shop.

And with all that he moved to a mutual friend's place to count down his final days in Adelaide.

The girl was still not used to his presence in her life and like a wild horse would still buck violently from time to time, as she did 2 nights before the trip was supposed to begin.

Just a usual call before he would nod off to sleep, the girl suddenly pulled away over the phone.
I don't know, I'm not sure I like the idea of you in my mindscape... your presence is there but I don't particularly like it. I think I'm going to need some space...

Or to that effect.

Disheartened the boy rang his best mate in Sydney.

Hey she's done it again man, gone all nuts on me, I think I'll be doing the drive home solo.

Whoa, don't do that man, its a long drive, how bout I fly down and drive with you?

Really? It'll be fun I guess, but I really with she'd make up her mind about me.

Well, just let me know yeah? I'll fly down if needs be...

After some thought the boy put down the phone and dialed her number again.

"Hey I wanted to know what's going on with the trip? I'm not sure after all that I need space talk if you're still keen on anything so how bout I just jump in the car and drive back now and I'll come back to visit you in a few weeks?" he heard himself say.

The girl simply laughed and said, no no don't be silly I'm so looking forward to this trip! of course its still going ahead...

The boy puts down the phone again, both relieved and confused....








No comments: