Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Due Diligence

For days after that faithful birth day, I remember floating on cloud nine.

But there was work to be done...

The girl was interested in the little apartment and was busy at work saving lives.

In my sunset days at the shipbuilder, I was more than happy to organize things for her.

I put my Project manager's hat on and did all the standard stuff, ringing the agents, preparing the paper work and ensuring that Dr. Girl wouldn't need to be too distracted from her work.

It was also, a perfect excuse to keep in constant and regular contact with her... allowing me to drop in to "discuss the house" and have long chats.

A day later and Dr Girl was readying for a a night shift, she had done all the ground work and much to my surprise had launched an offer in.

Pray! I remember telling her, not knowing what else to say after having given my best advise that she should let this house go and wait for a better time.

I remember being so proud of her and so proud to have been part of that process.

I remember asking her if she'd let me fly over to help her paint the house, to help pick out tiles and a new kitchen.

I think she said yes.

I remember putting the phone down on that call, and then walking over to organize contractors with a colleague in the know, all the while picturing a boy and a girl painting a house together and smiling as they did. :)

No comments: