Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our first real conversation.

She answered the door in her trackie daks (track pants for you uninitiated) with the red and blue lines running along the sides.

She was wearing glasses and I smiled, for I had never seen her in glasses... she was beautiful, stunningly cute and I was amazingly attracted.

I sat on a big blue ball watching the pretty little girl curl up in her ikea chair,

I don't remember much of what I said... but I remember going on and on, about how amazing she was, how great her photos were. How women like her didn't like men like me, I babbled, repeatedly saying Hey, its late, I think I should go. and she would simply say, its ok, stay for just a little bit longer... and my resolve would melt.

I sat on the blue ball for hours... just yammering on and on about her and how great I thought she was...whilst this was going on she just sat on that chair and smiled that little tilted smile.

I remember her interjecting somewhere in the conversation that she had been hurt badly before and that THIS was nothing... that we were just friends and it would be good to get to know each other more...

I took quiet note of her tone when she said that and just kept talking about her and how I was drawn.

Finally it was time to go...

And i found myself asking a very bold question.

hey, if its ok with you, I'd like to fly back every month just to spend time with you, to get to know you better.

I was expecting the "oh no, we're just friends... pls don't do anything like that for me"

but all she did was smile and say,

I would like that very much.

:)

No comments: